There will be lots going on to celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight in Carlisle and Brampton. COME ON IN and join us at our events!
Fairtrade fortnight is 26 February to 11 March 2018
- Saturday 24 February: Brampton FT group COFFEE MORNING in Moot Hall, Brampton. Farmers’ market on at same time.
- 1 – 5 March: FLAG UP FAIRTRADE SCHOOLS EXHIBITION at Old Fire Station. Official opening with Mayor and Mayoress at 1pm on 1 March. Exhibition open during café hours every day. Free entry. Gill Naylor, artist, has been working with eight local Fairtrade primary schools to create this exhibition which tells the story of Fairtrade.
- Fri 2 March, 7pm – 9.30pm: Carlisle QUIZ NIGHT.New Waterton Hall, Our Lady of Eden Church, Warwick Square, Carlisle CA1 1LB. Tickets: £7.50 available at Carlisle World Shop, Lowthian’s Lane CA3 8JR and The Presbytery, Our Lady of Eden Church. Home cooked pie and peas and soft drinks. Fairtrade wine available. Teams of four. Raffle prizes generously donated by the Coop.
- Sat 3 March Fairtrade FOOD served at The Scypen Café, Birdoswald 10am – 5pm.
- Sat 3 March, 9.30 – 4pm: Come to Carlisle FARMERS’ MARKET and meet Carlisle World Shop and Carlisle Fairtrade Group. An opportunity to see and buy a huge variety of Fairtrade goods.
- Wed 7 March, 6.30 – 9.30pm: QUIZ AT BRAMPTON Community Centre. Tickets cost £7.50 from Simply Gorgeous Gifts, Brampton. Home cooked pie and peas and tea/coffee. Teams of four. Fairtrade wine available.
- Saturday 10 March, 3.30 – 5.30PM: Hallbankgate Hub. Fairtrade AFTERNOON TEA.